ANNOUNCEMENT: Live seminars are back! If weather conditions become questionable, please check your email or call 515-321-7059 for updates as to whether the seminar will be held.
STRAIGHT TALK SENIOR LIVING SERIES
Join us for a series of candid conversations about topics that matter. Our mission is to provide education and resources designed to help people live empowered lives and make informed decisions.
2022 FREE SEMINARS FOR SENIORS
Click “more information” to sign up online for a seminar or call 515-321-7059
- Thu, Aug 18Johnston Lions Club
- Thu, Sep 15Johnston Lions Club
- Thu, Oct 27Johnston Lions ClubOct 27, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMJohnston Lions Club, 6501 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston, IA 50131, USALosing a lifelong partner who shared in life’s many responsibilities such as finances, travel, cooking, social activities or home maintenance can leave a giant void. Let’s face it, most of us will one day face this reality of going from “We” to “Me".
- Thu, Nov 17Johnston Lions Club
- Thu, Dec 15Johnston Lions ClubDec 15, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMJohnston Lions Club, 6501 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston, IA 50131, USAOne way to rejuvenate your life is to create your legacy that will be forever remembered by family and friends. So, if you are thinking about downsizing but have boxes of memorabilia, photos and stuff, now is the opportunity to create your legacy before you get rid of the stuff.
- RSVP ClosedThu, Jul 21Johnston Lions Club
- RSVP ClosedThu, Jun 16Johnston Lions ClubJun 16, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMJohnston Lions Club, 6501 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston, IA 50131, USAEvery 55+ senior owes it to themselves and their family to visit a senior living community, not with the intent to cross it off the list as a possible living solution but to consider it as a viable choice for your retirement.
- RSVP ClosedThu, May 19Johnston Lions ClubMay 19, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMJohnston Lions Club, 6501 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston, IA 50131, USAAll our adult lives, we’ve tried to do the best for our children, even as they started families of their own and became grandparents, themselves. In many cases, we showered them with gifts and our time, but as we age, there is one gift that will be one of the most valuable and important to them.
- RSVP ClosedThu, Apr 21Johnston Lions ClubApr 21, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMJohnston Lions Club, 6501 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston, IA 50131, USAYou spent your whole life saving for your retirement. You’re now at that point. You have new freedoms and you thought you were ready to enjoy them. But….it’s so hard to spend the money you’ve saved. What is that? We’ll talk about the psychology behind that process of letting go.
- RSVP ClosedThu, Mar 17Johnston Lions Club
- RSVP ClosedThu, Feb 17Johnston Lions ClubFeb 17, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMJohnston Lions Club, 6501 Merle Hay Rd, Johnston, IA 50131, USAWith all the mail, email, and unsolicited phone calls, it is becoming more and more difficult to determine what is legitimate and what might be a scam! Scammers often utilize public information as well as our online internet activities to take advantage of us.
- RSVP ClosedThu, Jan 20Johnston Lions Club